Give wood the ultimate in protection with BEHR PREMIUM Transparent Weatherproofing All-In-One Wood Finish. This 100% acrylic formula seals out the elements and the sun's harmful UV rays, for up to 4 yrs. on decks and up to 6 yrs.on fences and siding. It's available in 3 pre-mixed colors as well as 6 custom colors so you can get the look you want while preserving your valuable investment.
2nd Coat: 600-700 Sq. Ft.
Where to Use
"For Wood Substrates Only" Recommended for properly prepared new to slightly weathered, unsealed exterior wood surfaces (0-5 years exposure) such as: Decks, Railings, Shakes, Shingles, Siding, Roofs, Fences and Wood Patio Furniture.
2 Thin Coats
300-350 Sq. Ft
600-700 Sq. Ft.
Soap & Water
The following steps are recommended for best results.
- Use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM® NO. 64 Wood Stain & Finish Stripper to remove loose wood fibers, latex, oil-based and 100% acrylic coatings on new or weathered wood.
- BEHR PREMIUM® NO. 63 All-In-One Wood Cleaner MUST be used following NO. 64 to clean, brighten & neutralize wood.
- When NO. 64 is not needed, use a product such as NO. 63 to clean and brighten the wood surface and to remove light to medium exterior stains caused by mold, mildew, algae & fungus.
- On new wood, use a product such as NO. 63 to remove mill glaze and open the pores of the wood. Rinse thoroughly and allow to dry before coating. Lightly sand to remove remaining wood fibers/fuzz.
For best results, a pad applicator is recommended over large areas.
- Must apply between 40-90˚F (4.5-32˚C). Do not use if rain is expected within 24 hours. The wood surface must be completely dry before application.
- Intermix multiple containers to ensure color uniformity. DO NOT THIN PRODUCT.
- Stir product occasionally throughout application. Test product for penetration and color on a small hidden area before proceeding.
- Use a nylon/polyester brush for areas requiring more accuracy. Use of rollers should be limited to rough surfaces only.
- Use 3/8” nap or longer when appropriate. A high quality pump sprayer with a variable tip or an airless sprayer with a .015 - .019" tip may be used.
- Work in small sections lightly saturating the surface and immediately back-brush or use pad applicator to eliminate puddling, remove excess and evenly distribute the finish.
- Maintain a wet edge when applying. Apply product end-to-end or to board lengths to prevent lap marks.
- Over application of finish will lead to surface failure including peeling and cracking. Avoid applying finish too heavily. For optimum performance, coat all six sides of wood.
- 1-2 hours before recoat. Allow 72 hours for full cure.
- For disposal of empty containers and unused product, contact your household refuse collection service.
To consult with a Behr Certified Coatings Professional, call Behr Pro Hotline Toll Free number at 1-877-776-3961 (U.S.A. only).