Enhance your wood's natural patterns while providing increased protection from the elements. This 100% acrylic formula seals out the elements, and sun's harmful UV rays, for up to 6 yrs. on decks and up to 8 yrs. on fences & siding. It's available in 60 custom colors to help you create a look that's as beautiful as it is durable.
2nd Coat: 500-600 Sq. Ft.
Where to Use
Recommended for properly prepared new to moderately weathered, unsealed exterior wood surfaces (0-10 years exposure) such as: Decks, Railings, Shakes, Shingles, Siding, Roofs, Fences and Wood Patio Furniture.
2 Thin Coats
250-300 Sq. Ft
500-600 Sq. Ft.
Soap & Water
(The following steps and products are recommended for best results.)
- Use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM® NO. 64 Wood Stain & Finish Stripper to remove loose wood fibers, latex, oil-based and 100% acrylic coatings on new or weathered wood.
- BEHR PREMIUM® NO. 63 All-In-One Wood Cleaner MUST be used following NO. 64 to clean, brighten & neutralize wood.
- When NO. 64 is not needed, use a product such as NO. 63 to clean and brighten the wood surface and to remove light to medium exterior stains caused by mold, mildew, algae & fungus. Rinse thoroughly and allow to dry before coating.
- On new wood, use a product such as NO. 63 to remove mill glaze and open the pores of the wood. Lightly sand to remove remaining wood fibers/fuzz.
(For best results, a pad applicator is recommended over large areas.)
- Must apply between 40-90˚F (4.5-32˚C). Do not use if rain is expected within 24 hours. The wood surface must be completely dry before application.
- Intermix multiple containers to ensure color uniformity. DO NOT THIN PRODUCT. Stir product occasionally throughout application. Test product for penetration and color on a small hidden area before proceeding.
- Use a nylon/polyester brush for areas requiring more accuracy. Use of rollers should be limited to rough surfaces only.
- Use 3/8” nap or longer when appropriate. A high quality pump sprayer with a variable tip or an airless sprayer with a .015 - .019" tip may be used.
- Work in small sections lightly saturating the surface and immediately back-brush or use pad applicator to eliminate puddling, remove excess and evenly distribute the stain.
- Maintain a wet edge when applying. Apply product end-to-end or to board lengths to prevent lap marks.
- Over application of stain will lead to surface failure including peeling and cracking.
- Avoid applying stain too heavily. For optimum performance, coat all six sides of wood.
- 1-2 hours before recoat. Allow 72 hours for full cure.
- For disposal of empty containers and unused product, contact your household refuse collection service.
To consult with a Behr Certified Coatings Professional, call Behr Pro Hotline Toll Free number at 1-877-776-3961 (U.S.A. only).