BEHR PREMIUM QUICK DRY Oil Base Wood Finish is a revolutionary, breakthrough product that allows you to Prep, Stain and Entertain™ All In the Same Day. This unique wood finish can be applied to damp wood and dries dramatically faster than traditional oil wood finishes. It quickly penetrates the wood surface and provides early rain resistance.
Where to Use
Recommended for properly prepared new to slightly weathered, unsealed exterior wood surfaces
(0-5 years exposure) such as: Decks, Railings, Shakes, Shingles, Siding, Fences, and Wood Patio Furniture.
Covers up to
300 Sq. Ft.
or Paint Thinner
Proper surface preparation is required.
- For failing coatings or to remove loose wood fibers, use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM® No. 64 Wood Stain & Finish Stripper followed by BEHR PREMIUM No. 63 All-In-One Wood Cleaner to neutralize the wood.
- When No. 64 is not needed, a product such as No. 63 MUST be used to remove mill glaze and clean the wood surface.
- After using either No. 64 or No. 63, rinse thoroughly with a garden hose or pressure washer. When rinsing with a pressure washer, use the broadest spray pattern while keeping the nozzle at least 24" away from the surface.
- Remove any standing water and allow the area to dry to under 20% moisture content (approximately 1-3 hours of dry time under normal conditions) before coating. If any sanding is required to remove wood fibers/fuzz, allow the surface to dry completely.
- Protect all surrounding areas not intended to be stained including vegetation, windows, concrete, etc.
For best results, a lambswool pad applicator is recommended over large deck areas.
- Shake product thoroughly prior to opening.
- Must apply between 40-90˚F (4.5-32˚C).
- Avoid applying in direct sunlight or to hot surfaces.
- Coating will resist rain after approximately 1 hour.
- Product may be applied to damp wood surfaces (i.e. within 1-3 hours of rainfall, rinsing, and removal of any standing water).
- Use caution when pouring product as some splashing may occur.
- Immediately clean up any inadvertent spills with mineral spirits or paint thinner.
- For multiple gallons, combine into larger container for color uniformity.
- Mix product occasionally throughout application.
- Test product for penetration and color on a small hidden area before proceeding.
- Use a natural bristle brush for areas requiring more accuracy. Use of rollers is not recommended.
- A high quality pump sprayer with a variable tip may be used.
- Lightly saturate the surface and back-brush any excess finish. Be sure to eliminate puddling and evenly distribute the finish.
- Maintain a wet edge when applying.
- Apply product end-to-end or to board lengths to prevent lap marks.
- Avoid applying finish too heavily. One coat application. Applying a thin second coat will darken the color of the finish if desired.
- For optimum performance, coat all accessible sides especially board ends.
- When color has faded and water is readily absorbed by the substrate, prep/clean with a product such as BEHR PREMIUM No. 63, allow to dry, and apply a new/fresh coat of wood finish. Product can be applied annually if needed.
- Finish dries in 60 minutes (i.e. dry to touch, allows for foot traffic and placement of furniture).
- For disposal of empty containers and unused product contact your household refuse collection service.
To consult with a Behr Certified Coatings Professional, call Behr Pro Hotline Toll Free number at 1-877-776-3961 (U.S.A. only).