Featuring EVEN BETTER Adhesion and Cracking Resistance!
The new BEHR PREMIUM ADVANCED DECKOVER® resurfaces properly prepared weathered wood and concrete by filling-in cracks and taming splinters, extending the life of your deck and living space so you can enjoy the outdoors. This 100% acrylic formula conceals cracks and splinters up to 1/4". It creates a slip-resistant, waterproof coating that resists cracking and peeling. It's available in 54 solid custom colors, and is great for decks, patios, composite decks, pool decks and walkways.
Where to Use
Recommended for properly prepared exterior weathered or cracked horizontal and vertical wood and composite surfaces such as Decks, Railings, Porches and Boat Docks. Also great for concrete surfaces such as Pool Decks, Patios and Sidewalks. Do not use on drivable surfaces such as garage floors and driveways.
2 Coats Required
Horiz. Spread Rate:
1st Coat 75 Sq. Ft
2nd Coat 75 Sq. Ft.
Soap & Water
The following steps and products are recommended for best results.
- All surfaces must be clean, sound, dry and free of any dirt, oil, and grease before application.
- Wood Surfaces: Replace rotting or unstable boards and remove loose splinters. Remove mildew stains, dirt, oil and grease with a product such as BEHR PREMIUM® NO. 63 All-In-One Wood Cleaner prior to application.
- Use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM NO. 64 Wood Stain & Finish Stripper (must be followed by NO. 63) to remove all loose wood fibers, peeling paint/stain or deteriorated coatings prior to application of DeckOver.
- On new wood, use NO. 63 to remove mill glaze and open the pores of the wood. Rinse thoroughly and allow to dry before coating.
- Concrete Surfaces: Avoid areas that are structurally weak or subject to hydrostatic pressure above 8 psi. Allow new surfaces to cure for 30 days.
- Use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM NO. 992 Concrete & Masonry Paint Stripper to strip peeling coating.
- Use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM NO. 991 Concrete & Masonry Cleaner & Etcher to clean and etch uncoated concrete or NO. 990 Concrete & Masonry Degreaser & Cleaner on sound coated surfaces prior to coating.
- Use product when air and surface temperatures are between 50-90˚ F (10-32˚ C).
- During application, avoid exposure of container to direct sunlight. Do not use if rain is expected within 24 hours.
- Intermix multiple containers to ensure color uniformity.
- Stir product occasionally throughout application. DO NOT THIN PRODUCT.
- For nail holes and cracks up to 1/4", completely fill in with DeckOver coating using a nylon/polyester brush and allow to dry prior to rolling. Deep nail holes and cracks may require additional filling.
- For edges, corners and in between wood boards, apply using a nylon/polyester brush. Use pressure while rolling and apply a generous, even coat using a 1/4-1/2" nap roller. For a smoother texture, use a brush or thinner nap roller (i.e. 1/4").
- For vertical surfaces such as railings, use a nylon/polyester brush or roller and apply two thin coats at a spread rate of 400 sq. ft. per gallon.
- Airless spray is recommended for experienced applicators only; use a .027" - .035" tip with no mesh filter at 2400-3200psi.
- When spraying vertical surfaces, apply a very thin coat (one pass only) and do not back brush/roll.
- When spraying horizontal surfaces, follow the standard spread rate of 75 sq. ft. per gallon.
- For optimum performance, film uniformity, leveling and to cover cracks, a second coat MUST be applied.
- Maintain a wet edge when applying.
- 4-6 hours before recoat. Dries to touch in 4 hours.
- Wait 24-48 hours before light foot traffic. 72 hours to full cure.
- Additional dry time may be needed in cooler temperatures and higher humidity.
- Premature heavy traffic will cause coating failure.
- For disposal of empty containers and unused product, contact your household refuse collection service.
To consult with a Behr Certified Coatings Professional, call Behr Pro Hotline Toll Free number at 1-877-776-3961 (U.S.A. only).
Tools & Resources
SDSs, Tech Data & Certifications