An advanced exterior paint combining the best features of oil and latex for superior color retention, adhesion, penetration and durability.
Where to Use
Smooth or rough-sawn exterior vertical wood surfaces such as Plywood, Fences, Shingles, Shakes, Siding and Laminates. Not for use on horizontal surfaces subject to foot traffic. Dry film will not harm livestock.
2-3 HR Dry Time
200-500 Sq. Ft.
Coverage per Gallon
Soap & Water
Proper surface preparation is required
- Remove stains caused by mold and mildew with a mold and mildew stain removing product.
Previously painted, stained or clear sealed wood
- Sand all glossy surfaces.
- If surface is in good condition, apply directly over clean, dry surface.
- If the latex or oil-based finish has started to crack, peel or flake, use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM® NO. 64 Wood Stain & Finish Stripper on wood to remove the coating. Rinse thoroughly.
- Follow with a product such as BEHR PREMIUM NO. 63 All-In-One Wood Cleaner. Scrub, rinse, and allow to dry completely.
New, weathered, pressure treated or uncoated wood
- Place cloth duct tape in random areas on the bare wood. Press the tape firmly then quickly remove it.
- If wood fibers or debris are pulled onto the tape, the wood surface is not sound and additional preparation is required as follows: Clean surface with a product such as BEHR PREMIUM NO. 64 Wood Stain & Finish Stripper. Rinse.
- Follow with a product such as BEHR PREMIUM NO. 63 All-In-One Wood Cleaner at full strength to remove mill glaze and/or loose wood fibers, dirt and other debris. Rinse and allow to dry.
- Use when air and surface temperature are 50-90˚F (10-32˚C).
- Do not apply in direct sunlight or if rain is expected within 24 hours.
- Wood surfaces must be completely dry.
- When working with more than one container of the same color, intermix to ensure color uniformity.
- Redwood, Cedar, Cypress and other “bleeding” woods contain water soluble extractives which may cause discoloration of white and pastel colors; therefore prime the above type woods with one coat of a product such as BEHR PREMIUM PLUS® NO. 436 Exterior Multi-Surface Primer & Sealer to reduce these stains.
- Apply with a nylon/polyester brush on smooth surfaces. On rough-sawn or textured wood apply with a 3/4" long nap roller or high quality airless sprayer. For airless spraying use a .015" tip. Keep a wet edge to reduce lapping and help control color uniformity.
- Always back-brush or back-roll during all application methods.
- Two coats may be necessary for complete hiding. Apply the second coat only after the first coat has thoroughly dried.
- Longer dry time required in cooler temperatures and higher humidity.
- For disposal of empty containers and unused product contact your household refuse collection service.
To consult with a Behr Certified Coatings Professional, call Behr Pro Hotline Toll Free number at 1-877-776-3961 (U.S.A. only).