KILZ® PVA Drywall Primer P10 is designed for use on new drywall. It is a fast drying, interior latex primer formulated to prime and seal new, uncoated drywall and reduce the number of topcoats required to achieve a uniform, professional quality finish.
Where to Use
Ideal for ceilings and walls over properly prepared drywall.
The following steps are recommended for best results.
- Cover all nail and screw heads with joint compound according to directions and sand to smooth surface.
- Tape drywall and apply joint compound and allow to fully cure according to directions prior to priming.
- Sand to smooth surface before priming.
- Wipe off dust with a damp cloth, allow to dry thoroughly.
- Eye protection is recommended.
- Use only when temperatures are between 50°F (10°C) and 90°F (32°C).
- Apply using brush, roller or sprayer. Stir thoroughly before and occasionaly during use.
- For airless spray applications, tip size should be .017 - .021.
- DO NOT THIN - Product is formulated to use at package consistency only.
- May be tinted with up to 2 ounces of universal colorant per gallon.
- Dries to touch in 30 minutes at 77°F (25°C) and 50% humidity. Application at lower temperatures, high humidity or poor ventilation will affect dry time..
- Recoat or topcoat after 2 hours.
Clean Up & Disposal
- Use soap and water to clean hands, tools, and spills.
- For recycling or disposal of empty containers and unused product, contact your household refuse collection service.
- To reduce waste, consult with your retailer or online paint calculator to determine the correct amount of paint to purchase.
To consult with a Behr Certified Coatings Professional, call Behr Pro Hotline Toll Free number at 1-877-776-3961 (U.S.A. only).
Browse, coordinate and preview colors now, with ColorSmart by BEHR ®..
Tools & Resources
SDSs, Tech Data & Certifications