KILZ ODORLESS is a fast drying primer, sealer and stainblocker. Its ultra low odor formula significantly reduces lingering odors, making it ideal to use in areas where higher odor levels are prohibitive. Its powerful stainblocking formula blocks most stains caused by water, smoke, tannin, ink, pencil, felt marker and grease; seals pet and smoke odors; and creates an excellent base coat for latex or oil-based paint.
Where to Use
Use on interior surfaces including furniture, woodwork, drywall, plaster, paneling, wallpaper, masonry, brick, painted metal and properly prepared glossy surfaces. KILZ ODORLESS is not recommended for mold or mildew-prone surfaces or on flooring.
- The surface must be clean, free of dust, grease, wax, peeling paint, mold, mildew, wallpaper paste. If washing is necessary, use a non-soapy detergent or a TSP substitute. Rinse well and allow to dry.
- Peeling or Checked Paint: Scrape off loose paint and sand to a smooth surface. Sanding or removal of paint containing lead is hazardous.
- Glossy Surfaces: For maximum adhesion, scuff sand the surface thoroughly before priming.
- Mold or Mildew Covered Surfaces: Wash the area with a mildew remover, rinse with water and allow to dry before priming. Note: KILZ® PREMIUM and KILZ 2® primers are recommended for mildew-prone surfaces.
- Masonry, Brick, Stucco and Plaster: KILZ ODORLESS primer may be used on clean, dry, aged masonry surfaces. New masonry must be allowed to cure (dry) at least 30 days before applying KILZ ODORLESS primer.
- Fire Restoration: It is critical to clean smoke damaged surfaces thoroughly before priming.
- Eye protection is recommended. Do not thin. Stir thoroughly before and occasionally during use. Apply using a brush, roller or sprayer. Any slight odor that is detected during application will diminish quickly.
- Prime the entire surface to ensure a uniform appearance of the topcoat.
- Stainblocking: After priming, test for stain bleed-through by applying the topcoat to a small section. If the stain bleeds through the topcoat, apply a second coat of primer and test again before topcoating the entire area. If bleeding continues, a longer dry time is needed before topcoating.
- Tinting: KILZ ODORLESS primer may be tinted with up to 2 ounces of universal colorant per gallon. Tinting to a lighter shade than the topcoat is recommended.
- Coverage: Coverage is up to 300 square feet per gallon on porous surfaces; up to 400 square feet per gallon on smooth, nonporous surfaces.
- KILZ ODORLESS primer will dry to touch in 30 minutes and can be recoated or topcoated in one hour with a latex or oil-based paint. Application at lower temperatures, high humidity or poor ventilation will affect dry time and stainblocking.
Clean Up & Disposal
- Clean equipment and paint spatters with mineral spirits. If spilled, contain material and remove with an inert absorbent. Dispose of contaminated absorbent, container and unused product in accordance with all current federal, state and local regulations.
- Do not dispose of this product down a drain. Please consider donating any unused product. For recycling or disposal information contact your local household refuse collection service.