KILZ® KLEAR™ High Performance Sealer is a fast dry multi-surface clear primer developed to seal porous surfaces inside and outside your home. Particularly effective for ‘same color painting’, KILZ KLEAR will bond and seal porous and chalky surfaces with little change to current color. KILZ KLEAR is a tough, flexible and breathable film to offer years of service. KILZ KLEAR may also be used to seal highly porous surfaces with a transparent flat finish.
Where to Use
Use on interior and exterior surfaces including woodwork, drywall, plaster, wood, galvanized, aluminum, architectural plastics, masonry, and brick.
- The surface must be clean, free of dust, grease, wax, peeling paint and wallpaper paste. If washing is necessary use a non-soapy detergent or a TSP substitute. Rinse well and allow to dry.
- Peeling or Checked Paint: Scrape off loose paint and sand to a smooth surface. Sanding or removal of paint containing lead is hazardous.
- Glossy Surfaces: Use over properly prepared glossy surfaces, scuff-sand to de-gloss and wipe clean before application.
- *Glossy Surfaces: For maximum adhesion, scuff sand the surface thoroughly before priming.
- Mold or Mildew Covered Surfaces: Wash the area with a mildew remover, rinse with water and allow to dry before priming.
- Stir thoroughly before and occasionally during use.
- Only apply if surface, air and product temperatures are between 50º – 90ºF (10º – 32ºC)
- Do not thin or apply at a greater spread rate or build up a visual glaze on the surface. Product is formulated for use at package consistency only.
- Apply using a brush, roller or sprayer
- Prime the entire surface to ensure a uniform appearance of the topcoat.
- If rain or threatening weather is expected within 8 hours, delay applications until dry conditions exist.
- Never apply product to wet or water saturated substrates or when the relative humidity is above 90%.
- Not for use below grade or under water.
- Do not flood coat.
- Must be top coated within 7 days of application or the surface may need to be re-cleaned. To reduce waste, consult with your retailer or an online paint calculator to determine the correct amount of paint to purchase.
- Dry Time: KILZ PREMIUM primer will dry to touch in 30 minutes and can be recoated or topcoated in one hour with a latex or oil-based paint. Application at lower temperatures, high humidity or poor ventilation will affect dry time.
Clean Up & Disposal
- Clean equipment and paint spatters with warm, soapy water. If spilled, contain material and remove with an inert absorbent
- Dispose of contaminated absorbent, container and unused product in accordance with all current federal, state and local regulations.
- Do not dispose of this product down a drain. Please consider donating any unused product. For recycling or disposal information contact your local household refuse collection service.
Tools & Resources
SDSs, Tech Data & Certifications