KILZ Complete® is an oil-based primer, sealer and stainblocker ideal for blocking stains, priming, and sealing almost all interior and exterior surfaces. It is especially effective at blocking graffiti, tannin, water, smoke and other bleeding stains.
Where to Use
KILZ COMPLETE® is especially effective at blocking graffiti, tannin, water, smoke and other bleeding stains. IMPORTANT – Carefully read all directions, notes and warnings prior to use. Use this product only as directed on the label. Do not use for any other purpose. Unless directed on the label, do not mix with any other produc
- The surface must be clean, free of dust, grease, wax, peeling paint, mold, mildew, wallpaper paste. If washing is necessary, use a non-soapy detergent or a TSP substitute. Rinse well and allow to dry.
- Peeling or Checked Paint: Scrape off loose paint and sand to a smooth surface. Sanding or removal of paint containing lead is hazardous.
- Unpainted, exterior wood exposed to sun and/or moisture longer than 2-4 weeks must be cleaned and sanded before priming.
- Glossy Surfaces: For maximum adhesion, scuff sand the surface thoroughly before priming.
- Mold or Mildew Covered Surfaces: Wash the area with a mildew remover, rinse with water and allow to dry before priming.
- Masonry, Brick, Stucco and Plaster: KILZ COMPLETE primer may be used on clean, dry, aged masonry surfaces that have cured (dried) at least 90 days. If masonry has cured less than 90 days, use KILZ® PREMIUM, KILZ 2® or KILZ ODORLESS® primers.
- Fire Restoration: It is critical to clean smoke damaged surfaces thoroughly before priming.
- Eye protection is recommended.Do not thin. Stir thoroughly before and occasionally during use. Apply using a brush, roller or sprayer.
- For best results, use when substrate and air temperatures are between 35°F (2°C) and 90°F (32°C).
- Prime the entire surface to ensure a uniform appearance of the topcoat.
- Stainblocking: After priming, test for stain bleed-through by applying the topcoat to a small section. If the stain bleeds through the topcoat, apply a second coat of primer and test again before topcoating the entire area. If bleeding continues, a longer dry time is needed before topcoating.
- Tinting: KILZ COMPLETE primer may be tinted with up to 2 ounces of universal colorant per gallon. Tinting to a lighter shade than the topcoat is recommended.
- Coverage: Coverage is up to 300 square feet per gallon on porous surfaces; up to 400 square feet per gallon on smooth, nonporous surfaces.
- Dries to the touch in 30 minutes at 77°F (25°C) and 50% humidity.
- Recoat or topcoat after 2 hours.
Clean Up & Disposal
- Clean equipment and paint spatters with mineral spirits. If spilled, contain material and remove with an inert absorbent. Dispose of contaminated absorbent, container and unused product in accordance with all current federal, state and local regulations.
- Do not dispose of this product down a drain. Please consider donating any unused product. For recycling or disposal information contact your local household refuse collection service.