For advanced performance and stain-blocking on all of your home’s ceilings, choose BEHR ULTRA Stain-Blocking Ceiling Paint. Its flat sheen hides minor surface imperfections, and can be tinted to light colors.
Where to Use
Properly prepared coated and uncoated Interior Ceilings.
1 HR Dry Time
2 HR Recoat Time
250-400 Sq. Ft
Coverage per Gallon
Soap & Water
Preparation & Prime
- Remove loose paint, wash off any dirt and grease with detergent, remove mildew stains with a mildew stain removing product.
- Scuff sand glossy surfaces.
- Countersink nailheads, repair imperfections and sand smooth.
- Remove all dust with a damp cloth, allow to dry.
- Allow new stucco, plaster and masonry to cure for 30 days before priming.
- Make sure that there are no active water problems and that any previous water damage is fully dry.
- Use BEHR ULTRA™ STAIN-BLOCKING CEILING PAINT as a primer for repaired or uncoated surfaces.
- Lock in stains with BEHR ULTRA STAIN-BLOCKING CEILING PAINT as a spot primer. For heavy stains, test for stain bleedthrough by applying BEHR ULTRA STAIN-BLOCKING CEILING PAINT as a topcoat to a small section. If the stain bleeds through the topcoat, spot prime another coat to the stained area and test again before topcoating the entire ceiling. If bleeding continues, a longer dry time is needed before topcoating. Additional coats may be needed to achieve hide.
- For drastic color changes, apply a primer coat of BEHR ULTRA STAIN-BLOCKING CEILING PAINT if needed.
- Use product when the surface and air temperatures are between 50-90°F (10-32°C).
- Stir paint occasionally. Intermix containers of same product to ensure color and sheen uniformity.
- Use a high quality 3/8-1/2” nap roller cover, nylon/polyester brush or an airless sprayer (.015-.019” spray tip, 60 mesh filter).
- Popcorn style acoustic ceilings; use acoustic ceiling roller cover (1/2-3/4” nap) or airless sprayer (.015-.019” spray tip, 60 mesh filter).
- Coverage is 250-400 sq. ft. (23-37 m2) per gallon depending on the surface texture, porosity and application method.
- Do not thin if using a roller or brush; however, if using a sprayer and thinning is required, thin with water at a rate of no more than 1/2 pint per gallon.
- Multiple coats may be required to complete hide.
- Dries to touch in 30 minutes at 77°F (25°C) and 50% humidity, re-coat in 1 hour.
- Longer dry time required in cooler temperatures and in higher humidity.
Clean Up & Storage
- Use soap and water.
- Properly dispose of all soiled rags and protect unused product from freezing.
- For disposal of empty containers and unused product, contact your local household refuse collection service.
To consult with a Behr Certified Coatings Professional, call Behr Pro Hotline Toll Free number at 1-877-776-3961 (U.S.A. only).
LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY
Browse, coordinate and preview colors now, with ColorSmart by BEHR ®..
Tools & Resources
SDSs, Tech Data & Certifications