BEHR ULTRA™ SCUFF DEFENSE™ Stain-Blocking Paint & Primer in One sets a new standard for flat paint durability. SCUFF DEFENSE features breakthrough innovation to deliver a rich flat finish that is truly durable enough for high-traffic areas. Don't settle or compromise between the flat look you desire and higher level of durability you require.
BEHR ULTRA SCUFF DEFENSE is available in limited stores. Click Here to find out if SCUFF DEFENSE is available in a Home Depot® nearest you.
Where to Use
Properly prepared coated and uncoated Interior surfaces. Ideal for Family Rooms, Living Rooms, Dining Rooms, Bedrooms, Hallways and Ceilings.
1 HR Dry Time
2 HR Recoat Time
250-400 Sq. Ft.
Coverage per Gallon
Soap & Water
Preparation & Prime
- All surfaces should be properly prepared and cleaned
- Remove loose paint, wash off dirt and grease with detergent, rinse and allow to dry
- Remove mildew stains with a mildew stain removing product
- Scuff sand glossy surfaces and repair imperfections
- Remove all dust with a damp cloth, allow to dry
- Allow new stucco, plaster and masonry to cure for 30 days before painting
- Use BEHR ULTRA SCUFF DEFENSE as a primer for properly prepared uncoated or painted interior surfaces, including woods that contain tannins (two primer coats required for redwood and cedar) and heavily stained areas.
- Lock in stains with BEHR ULTRA SCUFF DEFENSE Paint as a spot primer.
- For heavy stains, test for stain bleed-through by applying BEHR ULTRA SCUFF DEFENSE Paint to a small section. If stain bleeds through, spot prime another coat to the stained area and test again before topcoating. If bleeding continues, a longer dry time is needed before topcoating.
- For drastic color changes or when applying deep colors denoted with a dagger on the color chip, apply a tinted primer coat of BEHR ULTRA SCUFF DEFENSE Paint if needed
- Apply when air and surface temperatures are between 50-90°F (10-32° C)
- Stir paint occasionally
- Intermix containers of same product to ensure color and sheen uniformity
- Use a high quality 3/8-1/2 nap roller cover, nylon/polyester brush or airless sprayer (.015-.019" spray tip, 60 mesh filter)
- Do not thin if user a roller or brush; however, if using a sprayer and thinning is required, thin with water at a rate of no more than 1/2 pint per gallon
- Certain colors may required additional coats for complete hide
- Darker colors may require additional dry time between coats
- Cooler temperatures or higher humidity may prolong drying time
- After 4 weeks, cured paint film may be cleaned with a mild, non-abrasive liquid detergent
- Dry paint film is mildew resistant
- Do not use on floors
For disposal of empty containers, unused paint and soiled rags, contact your household refuse collection service.
To consult with a Behr Certified Coatings Professional, call Behr Pro Hotline Toll Free number at 1-877-776-3961 (U.S.A. only).