BEHR PRO Block Filler Primer No. PR50 is designed for above grade use on concrete block, cinder block, and poured or precast concrete. It is an economical interior / exterior latex primer formulated to fill and seal porous masonry surfaces, reduce pinholing and help produce a smooth and even topcoat for a uniform, professional quality finish.
Where to Use
Use on properly prepared, above-grade interior or exterior surfaces, such as concrete, concrete block/CMU, brick, cement board siding, stucco, and plaster.
The following steps are recommended for best results.
- The surface must be clean, free of dust, grease, wax, peeling paint, mold, mildew and release agents. If washing is necessary, use a non-soapy detergent or a TSP substitute. Rinse well and allow to dry.
- Fill all gaps with paintable sealant and allow to completely dry prior to coating.
- For maximum adhesion, glossy and slick surfaces must be de-glossed prior to coating.
- This product is only designed to be used on unpainted masonry surfaces that have been allowed to cure(dry) at least 30 days with a moisture content below 15% before application.
- Do not apply to shiny or slick surfaces or loss of adhesion may occur; these surfaces can be prepared with chemical etchers and/or sandblasting.
- Mold or Mildew Covered Surfaces: Wash the area with a mildew remover, rinse with water and allow to dry before priming.
- Eye protection is recommended.
- Use only when temperatures are between 50°F (10°C) and 90°F (32°C).
- Stir thoroughly before and occasionally during use. Apply using a brush, roller or spray.
- For best results apply 2 coats and apply with airless sprayer. Backroll each coat working the material into the surface filling the masonry pores and voids.
- Prime the entire surface to ensure a uniform appearance of the topcoat.
- May be tinted with up to 2 ounces (59 ml) of universal colorant per gallon.
- For airless spray applications, tip size should be .019 - .025.
- Dries to touch in 1hour at 77°F (25°C) and 50% humidity. Application at lower temperatures, high humidity or poor ventilation will affect dry time..
- Recoat or topcoat after 2 hours.
- Full Cure: 7 Days
Clean Up & Disposal
- Clean equipment and paint splatters with warm, soapy water. If spilled, contain material and remove with an inert absorbent. Dispose of contaminated absorbent, container and unused product in accordance with all current federal, state and local regulations.
- Do not dispose of this product down a drain. Please consider donating any unused product. For recycling or disposal information contact your local household refuse collection service.
To consult with a Behr Certified Coatings Professional, call BehrPro Hotline Toll Free number at 1-877-776-3961 (U.S.A. only).
Browse, coordinate and preview colors now, with ColorSmart by BEHR ®..
Tools & Resources
SDSs, Tech Data & Certifications