For excellent performance under flat and eggshell paints, choose BEHR Drywall Plus Primer & Sealer. This 100% acrylic formula is more versatile than PVA primers, making it ideal for wood, woodboard, drywall and other porous surfaces in all your home's low-moisture rooms. It also seal untreated wood, and it's tintable to allow for dramatic color change.
Where to Use
- Over properly prepared uncoated and previously painted Interior surfaces in low-moisture areas.
- Ideal for Drywall, Plasterboard, Wallboard, Wood and Brick.
- Not recommended under SATIN, SEMI-GLOSS and HI-GLOSS paint.
- Bright or deep colors require a tinted primer.
- Have this product tinted close to topcoat color with no more than 2 ounces of colorant per gallon.
30 Min Dries to Touch
1 HR Ready to Topcoat
250-400 Sq. Ft
Coverage per Gallon
Soap & Water
- All surfaces should be properly prepared and cleaned.
- Remove loose paint, wash off dirt and grease with detergent, rinse and allow to dry.
- Remove mildew stains with a mildew stain removing product.
- Scuff sand glossy surfaces and repair imperfections.
- Remove all dust with a damp cloth, allow to dry.
- New brick should be thoroughly dried out; test pH prior to applying primer.
- The pH must be under 9.0 before coating.
- Existing brick should be free of any soot, ash, creosote, grease or other stains which could affect adhesion of the primer.
- Remove efflorescence with a mixed solution of one part vinegar and one part water, rinse thoroughly with clean water and allow to dry.
- Apply when air and surface temperatures are between 50-90°F (10-32°C).
- Use a high-quality 3/8-1/2” nap roller cover, nylon/polyester brush or an airless sprayer (.015-.019” spray tip, 60 mesh filter).
- Stir primer occasionally.
- Do not thin if using a roller or brush; however, if using a sprayer and thinning is required, thin with water at a rate of no more than 1/2 pint per gallon.
- For disposal of empty containers, unused paint and soiled rags, contact your household refuse collection service.
To consult with a Behr Certified Coatings Professional, call Behr Pro Hotline Toll Free number at 1-877-776-3961 (U.S.A. only).
LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY
Browse, coordinate and preview colors now, with ColorSmart by BEHR ®..
Tools & Resources
SDSs, Tech Data & Certifications