BEHR MARQUEE Stain-Blocking Paint & Primer Interior Satin is our most advanced interior paint – delivering high-performance one-coat coverage with every color in the exclusive MARQUEE Interior One-Coat Color Collection. Expressing yourself with exactly the colors you want has never been easier. The MARQUEE Interior One-Coat Color Collection offers an extensive palette of colors in both classic and contemporary hues. It’s the combination of MARQUEE Interior Paint & Primer and MARQUEE colors that delivers beautiful one-coat colors. Guaranteed.
Where to Use
Properly prepared coated interior surfaces. Ideal for every room.
1 HR Dry Time
2 HR Recoat Time
Up to 400 Sq. Ft.
Soap & Water
Preparation & Prime
- Properly prepare and clean all surfaces.
- Remove loose paint, wash off dirt and grease with detergent, rinse and allow to dry. Remove mildew stains with a mildew stain remover.
- Scuff sand glossy surfaces and repair imperfections.
- Remove all dust with a damp cloth, allow to dry.
- Allow new stucco, plaster and masonry to cure for 30 days before painting.
- Use BEHR MARQUEE paint as a primer for uncoated, porous or repaired interior surfaces, including woods that contain tannins (two primer coats required for redwood and cedar).
- Lock in stains with BEHR MARQUEE as a spot primer.
- For heavy stains, test for stain bleed-through by applying BEHR MARQUEE to a small section.
- If the stain bleeds through, spot prime with another coat to the stained area and test again before topcoating.
- If bleeding continues, a longer dry time is needed before topcoating.
- Apply when air and surface temperatures are between 50-90°F (10-32°C).
- Stir paint occasionally. Intermix containers of same product to ensure color and sheen uniformity.
- Use a high quality 3/8-1/2" nap roller cover, nylon/polyester brush or an airless sprayer (.015 - .019" spray tip, 60 mesh filter).
- Do not thin if using a roller or brush; however, if using a sprayer and thinning is required, thin with water at a rate of no more than 1/2 pint per gallon.
- Fully saturate roller for best coverage.
- Untinted ULTRA PURE WHITE® and colors outside of the MARQUEE Interior One-Coat Color Collection may require more than one coat to achieve complete hide and a uniform finish.
- Darker colors may require additional dry time between coats. Cooler temperatures or higher humidity may prolong drying time.
- After 4 weeks, cured paint film may be cleaned with a mild, non-abrasive liquid detergent.
- Dry paint film is mildew resistant.
- Do not use on floors.
- For disposal of empty containers, unused paint and soiled rags, contact your household refuse collection service.
To consult with a Behr Certified Coatings Professional, call Behr Pro Hotline Toll Free number at 1-877-776-3961 (U.S.A. only).