Get the protective qualities of a durable, weather-resistant stain without sacrificing style when you choose BEHR PREMIUM® Semi-Transparent Concrete Stain. This 100% acrylic formula is great on both vertical and horizontal surfaces, and our selection of custom colors lets you bring the look of natural stone to any area of your home.
Click Here to see available colors.
Where to Use
For uncoated and unsealed, properly prepared Interior or Exterior Patios, Pavers, Driveways*, Walkways, Garage Floors* and other concrete floors.
- * The composition of concrete varies; therefore, the lack of proper surface preparation and/or over application can lead to automobile tires lifting the product from the surface.
- CAUTION: Stained surfaces may become slippery when wet. Use caution when walking on surface when moisture is present. DO NOT use on areas subject to hydrostatic pressure.
250-400 Sq. Ft
400-500 Sq. Ft.
1 HR Dry Time
4 HR Recoat Time
Soap & Water
The following steps are recommended for best results.
- New concrete must cure for a minimum of 30 days.
- Remove old coating or sealer, if present, using a concrete & masonry paint stripper product.
- Test: Sprinkle a few drops of water onto the surface. If water is quickly absorbed, the surface is ready. If not absorbed, re-etch.
- For proper penetration and adhesion of topcoat, use a product such as a concrete & masonry cleaner & etcher to clean and etch the surface.
- Remove mildew stains with a mildew stain removing product. Follow all label instructions.
- Apply a product such as BEHR PREMIUM® CONCRETE & MASONRY BONDING PRIMER NO. 880 to increase adhesion of topcoat to the surface. Follow all label instructions.
- Do not thin. Intermix cans of same products to ensure color uniformity. STIR thoroughly before and during application. Use product when temperature is between 50–90°F (10-32°C). Do not apply in direct sunlight. Apply to dry concrete. Do not apply if rain or heavy dew is expected within 24 hours.
- Apply stain in small concrete sections approximately 4' by 4' (1.2 m x 1.2 m). Work quickly and feather edges. Apply with a high quality pump sprayer at a fine spray setting using a circular motion. Immediately after spraying, back-roll with a 3/8" nap roller or pad applicator to achieve a more even appearance. Spread rate varies depending on the surface texture, porosity and texture of surface.
- Allow first coat to dry before deciding if a second coat is necessary. An additional coat will provide a darker and more uniform color.
Note : Horizontal surfaces may be subject to premature wear. Periodic touch-ups may be necessary.
- For added protection, use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM WET-LOOK SEALER NO. 985 for a high-gloss finish or a product such as BEHR PREMIUM LOW-LUSTRE SEALER NO. 986 for a low-gloss finish. Allow stain at least 4 hours to dry before topcoating. Follow all label instructions.
- Longer dry time required in cooler temperatures and in higher humidity. Allow 24 hours for light foot traffic.
- Surfaces may be subjected to light foot traffic after 24 hours. Allow 72 hours before subjecting surface to heavy foot traffic, repositioning furniture or automotive traffic. Park tires on corrugated cardboard for 7 days after applying stain. After 30 days, clean as needed with a mild, non-abrasive liquid detergent.
- Clean with soap and water.
- Properly dispose of all soiled rags and protect unused product from freezing.
- For disposal of empty containers and unused paint, contact your household refuse collection service.
To consult with a Behr Certified Coatings Professional, call Behr Pro Hotline Toll Free number at 1-877-776-3961 (U.S.A. only).
SDSs, Tech Data & Certifications