Beautify and protect your home's interior and exterior concrete surfaces with BEHR PREMIUM Concrete & Garage Self-Priming 1-Part Epoxy Floor Paint. This water-based paint can protect against hot-tire pick-up, automotive fluids and most household chemicals. This epoxy paint will provide a beautiful protective finish on driveways, garage floors, pool decks, walkways and interior concrete surfaces.
Where to Use
Interior or Exterior surfaces such as: Porous Concrete, Masonry, Stone and Brick. Ideal for horizontal surfaces such as: Garage Floors, Driveways, Basement floors, Porches and Pool Decks. DO NOT use on vertical surfaces or areas subject to hydrostatic pressure. NOT for industrial use or areas subject to fork-lifts.
300-400 Sq. Ft
400-500 Sq. Ft.
Dry To Touch
Soap & Water
- Proper Surface Preparation is Required.
- All surfaces must be clean, sound, dry and free of any dirt, oil and grease.
New and Uncoated Concrete or Masonry Surfaces:
- Allow new surfaces to cure 30 days.
- Clean and etch surface using a product such as a muriatic acid etcher (read and follow all manufacturer's label directions) to achieve a textured profile similar to 150 grit sandpaper.
- Wipe your fingers over the clean, dry floor to check for dust or powder. Ensure there is no residue on your fingers that may have been left from the etcher. If residue is found, rinse the surface to remove residue. Allow the surface to dry completely. Sprinkle a few drops of water onto the surface. If water is quickly absorbed and the surface feels like 150 grit sandpaper, the surface is ready. If not, re-etch.
- Apply a Primer Coat: Apply 1 coat of BEHR PREMIUM® Concrete & Garage Self-Priming 1-Part Epoxy, or a product such as BEHR PREMIUM No. 880 Concrete & Masonry Bonding Primer to increase adhesion of topcoat to the surface.
Painted, Stained or Sealed Concrete:
- For a painted surface in sound condition, use a product to clean and prepare the surface.
- If the coating is failing or peeling, use a paint stripper to remove old coating or scrape/sand down to a sound concrete surface.
- Scuff sand glossy surfaces.
- Clean and spot etch any exposed concrete. Remove all dust with a damp cloth, allow to dry.
- Spot prime all bare concrete areas with BEHR PREMIUM Concrete & Garage Self-Priming 1-Part Epoxy or with a product such as BEHR PREMIUM No. 880 Concrete & Masonry Bonding Primer to increase adhesion of topcoat to the surface.
- DO NOT THIN.
- Intermix all cans of same product to ensure color uniformity.
- Stir before and occasionally during application. Use product when air and surface temperatures are between 50-90° F (10-32° C).
- Apply to dry concrete. Do not apply if rain or heavy dew is expected within 24 hours.
- Apply a thin, even coat using a 3/8" nap roller cover, nylon/polyester brush or an airless sprayer (.015"-.021" spray tip, 60 mesh filter).
- Allow first coat to dry before deciding if a second coat is necessary. Additional coats may be required for optimal hide and durability.
- For uniformity apply second coat in a criss-cross pattern.
- An annual touch-up may be required in areas subject to tire traffic.
- Longer dry time required in cooler temperatures and in higher humidity.
- The floor may be subjected to light foot traffic after 24 hours.
- Allow 72 hours before subjecting surface to heavy foot traffic or repositioning furniture.
- Allow 7 days before subjecting to automotive tires.
- Premature heavy traffic will cause paint failure requiring spot recoating.
- If necessary, corrugated cardboard may be used underneath automobile tires after 72 hours.
- Wait at least 30 days before rinsing or cleaning. Use a mild detergent as needed.
- Abrasive cleaners and pressure-washers should be used carefully to avoid premature paint failure.
- Properly dispose of all soiled rags.
- To recycle or properly dispose of product in your community, contact your household refuse collection service.
To consult with a Behr Certified Coatings Professional, call Behr Pro Hotline Toll Free number at 1-877-776-3961 (U.S.A. only).