A premium drivable floor coating offering a unique multi-speckled finish for horizontal concrete & masonry surfaces. It fills in hairline cracks and resist hot tire pick-up, dirt, grease and household stains. Use this coating to transform weathered concrete surfaces into a decorative granite look with a protective long lasting finish.
Click Here to see available colors.
NOTE: Must use with 1/4" Adhesive Roller Cover.
Where to Use
Interior/Exterior surfaces such as: Porous Concrete, Masonry, Stone and Brick. Ideal for horizontal surfaces such as: Garage Floors, Driveways, Walkways, Patios, Porches and Pool Decks.
Surfaces may become slippery when wet. Use caution when walking on surface when moisture is present.
READY TO USE OR ADD TINTING COLORANTS
Rough 40-50 Sq Ft
Smooth 50-60 Sq Ft
1 Hr. Dry to Touch
3-4 Hr. Recoat
Soap & Water
Where Not to Use
DO NOT use on vertical surfaces or areas subject to hydrostatic pressure. NOT for industrial use or areas subject to forklifts.
Proper surface preparation is required.
- All surfaces must be clean, sound, dry and free of any dirt, oil and grease.
For Uncoated Concrete or Masonry:
- Allow new surfaces to cure 30 days.
- Clean and etch surface using a product such as a muriatic acid etcher (read and follow all manufacturer's label directions) to achieve a textured profile similar to 150 grit sandpaper.
For Previously Coated Surfaces:
- For a painted surface in sound condition, use a product to clean and prepare the surface.
- If the coating is failing or peeling, use a paint stripper to remove old coating or scrape/sand down to a sound concrete surface.
- Scuff sand glossy surfaces.
- Clean and spot etch any exposed concrete.
- Remove all dust with a damp cloth, allow to dry.
- DO NOT THIN.
- Intermix all cans of same product to ensure color uniformity. Stir before applying.
- Use product when air and surface temperatures are between 50-90° F.
- Do not apply in direct sunlight.
- For hairline cracks up to 1/8", completely fill in with coating using a nylon/polyester brush and allow to dry completely prior to roller application.
- Do not pour product directly on surface; always use a roller tray.
- Apply a first coat using a 1/4" Adhesive Roller Cover or nylon/polyester brush.
- NOTE: The first coat will act as the base coat and it will not completely cover the surface by design.
- Avoid over application on the first coat.
- Apply in 4' x 4' sections.
- Begin with the roller in the center of the section and roll outwards in random directions.
- Avoid regular patterns and knock down hard edges using the roller.
- Allow first coat to dry then apply second coat in the same method as the first coat.
- While two coats are necessary, additional coats may help hide previous surface imperfections or cover over dark colors.
- For large projects, consider using a texture sprayer with a 4mm tip. Spray in 4' x 4' sections and back roll with an adhesive roller cover.
- An annual touch-up may be required in areas subject to tire traffic.
- Longer dry time required in cooler temperatures and in higher humidity.
- The floor may be subjected to light foot traffic after 24 hours.
- Allow 72 hours before subjecting surface to automotive tires, heavy foot traffic or repositioning furniture.
- Premature heavy traffic will cause paint failure requiring spot recoating.
- Soap & water clean-up.
- Wait at least 30 days before rinsing or cleaning.
- Use a mild detergent as needed.
- Abrasive cleaners and pressure-washers should be used carefully to avoid premature coating failure.
- Properly dispose of all soiled rags.
- To recycle or properly dispose of product in your community, contact your household refuse collection service.
To consult with a Behr Certified Coatings Professional, call Behr Pro Hotline Toll Free number at 1-877-776-3961 (U.S.A. only).
Surface Preparation and MaintenanceWhy do I need to prepare the surface before applying BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP®?
Proper surface preparation is the key to attaining a beautiful appearance and achieving long-lasting durability.Can a pressure washer be used to properly prepare my surface before coating it with BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating?
After using the proper cleaner/stripper, rinse thoroughly with a garden hose or pressure washer. When rinsing with a pressure washer, use the broadest spray pattern while keeping the nozzle at least 24” away from the surface. Allow the area to dry at least 24 hours before coating. Please refer to the pressure washer manufacturer instructions for more details.Do I need to strip previously painted coating before applying BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating?
Stripping away a previously painted coating is necessary if the previously coated surface is peeling or is loose. If the previous coating is in sound condition, you may proceed by cleaning the surface, and scuff sanding any glossy areas before applying BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating. Follow all label instructions.When filling cracks, how can I tell if too much product was applied?
BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP fills hairline cracks up to 1/8". When filling cracks and holes, completely fill in the area with enough product so that the level of liquid is even with the surface. Coat as normal.How do I handle cracks larger than 1/4"?
BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating is a high build, flexible coating that can withstand minor expansion & contraction of concrete. For cracks up to 1/8”, completely fill in with GRANITE GRIP Coating using a nylon/polyester brush and coat as normal. For cracks larger than 1/8", you may use commercially available patching compounds, concrete fillers and caulks. Make sure the product states "paintable" for BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP compatibility.How much dry time is recommended before a full coat is applied after filling cracks?
Follow the label directions of 4-6 hour recoat time. Additional dry time may be needed in cooler temperatures and higher humidity.How do I remove BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating?
Unlike traditional paints BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating is a high build coating and is intended to semi-permanently adhere to concrete. Removing BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP will require sand blasting or using a strong paint stripper.
Where to Use
ApplicationCan BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating be applied to a damp surface?
No. The surface must be clean and completely dry before coating. Avoid painting in conditions of low temperature and high humidity (or presence of moisture, condensation, dew, etc.). Do not paint if rain is expected within 24 hours.What is the recommended application tool to apply BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating?
We recommend using a 1/4" adhesive roller cover. A nylon/polyester brush, or texture sprayer can also be used which can be rented at any Home Depot store that has a tool rental department.Can I use a regular paint nap roller cover?
No. If a paint roller is the selected application tool, a 1/4" adhesive roller cover must be used.Can I use an airless sprayer to apply BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating?
If spraying is desired, use a texture sprayer and backroll. Follow all label instructions.Does slip-resistance performance change if I use a brush vs. roller?
No, though applying with a roller may give you a more textured surface.Can I apply only 1 coat of BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating?
No. Two coats of BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating is required to create an even finish and to help ensure maximum durability.
Product Features and PerformanceIs BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating 100% acrylic?
Yes, BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating uses a 100% acrylic crosslinking resin.Does BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating offer waterproofing protection?
BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating is not a waterproofer, but helps protect the substrate from water and moisture.Will BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating resist hot tire pickup?
Yes, BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating can be used on drivable surfaces such as garage floors or driveways.Will BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating resist chemicals and household stains?
Yes, BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating has been tested woth various substances such as grease, ketchup, mustard and wine and the product should resist these stains under normal circumstances. Spills should be cleaned up immediately to help ensure long term satisfaction.How does BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating perform in terms of water resistance around pool areas?
BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating has been tested around pool areas and under normal circumstances, water resistance is excellent.How does BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating handle UV/sun exposure? Will the color fade?
The 100% acrylic binder helps resist UV and can normally withstand the damaging effects of sun exposure. Color may naturally fade over time depending on the color you choose. You may notice that color fade is not as prominent on light/mid tone colors.Will pet claws damage the BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating?
BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating should resist pet claw damage under normal situations.
Using GRANITE GRIP Coating with other BEHR Products:Can BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating be applied over an existing coating?
BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating can be applied over most exterior floor coatings as long as the previous coating is sound and properly prepared. Follow all label instructions.Can BEHR PREMIUM® NO. 985 Wet-Look Sealer or BEHR PREMIUM® NO. 986 Low-Lustre Sealer be applied over BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating?
Yes, as long as the GRANITE GRIP coated concrete surface is properly prepared and sound.How is BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating different than other floor coatings?
BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating is an innovative multi-speckled color coating. BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating offers advantages by having a thicker coating that covers hairline cracks up to 1/8” and creates a slightly textured, slip resistant finish.Can I apply another coating over a surface that has been previously coated with BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating?
Yes. If the BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating is sound and properly prepared (i.e. any peeled or flaked coating is removed and surface cleaned), a new floor coating can be applied right over the existing BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating. In addition, any areas that have been damaged or marred can be retouched with the same BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating as long as those areas have been properly prepared.
ColorCan I do my own color matching using the BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating base?
No, we do not recommend adjusting the color after the product has been tinted.Will BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP coated surfaces retain heat?
Regardless of the coating used, darker color paints and stains will generally retain heat more than lighter colors. If you are concerned with heat retention, then we recommend choosing a lighter color for your project.
MaintenanceIf I need to properly clean a surface that is coated with BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating, what cleaner should I use?
Wait at least 30 days before rinsing or cleaning. Use a mild detergent as needed. Abrasive cleaners and pressure-washers should be used carefully to avoid premature coating failure. Follow all label instructions.
MiscellaneousWhat is the warranty on BEHR PREMIUM GRANITE GRIP Coating?
LIMITED WARRANTY - Behr Process Corporation warrants that this product meets Behr’s manufacturing speciications. If this product is found not to meet our manufacturing speciications upon inspection by our representative, Behr Process Corporation will, at its option and upon presentation of proof-of-purchase (the original receipt), either furnish an equivalent amount of new product or refund the original purchase price of this product to you. This warranty excludes (1) labor and costs of labor for the application or removal of any product, and (2) any incidental or consequential damages, whether based on breach of express or implied warranty, negligence, strict liability or any other legal theory. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you speciic legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.