For a long-lasting durable finish, use BEHR PREMIUM Concrete & Masonry Bonding Primer. This high-performance water-based primer will promote a uniform topcoat finish and create a stronger adhesion between the coating and surface. It is easy to apply and dries clear.
Where to Use
Use on uncoated Interior or Exterior surfaces such as: Concrete, Masonry and any Porous Stone or Brick. Not designed for use on wood, metal or silicone treated surfaces. Do not use on coated surfaces. Use only on porous surfaces. NOTE: SOME SURFACES MAY APPEAR SLIGHTLY DARKER AFTER PRODUCT DRIES.
350-500 Sq. Ft
Coverage per Gallon
2 HR Dry Time
4 HR Ready for Topcoat
Commercial Brush Cleaner
The following steps are required
- New concrete must cure for a minimum of 30 days prior to priming.
- Patch all holes and cracks and allow to dry. For touch-ups where surface coatings have failed, completely remove any loose or peeling paint.
- Do not apply over previously coated surfaces.
- To completely strip previous coatings, use concrete & masonry paint stripper product.
- For proper penetration and adhesion of primer, use a concrete & masonry cleaner & etcher product.
- DO NOT THIN. Stir primer thoroughly before and occasionally during application.
- Use product when air and surface temperatures are between 50-90°F (10-32°C).
- Apply using a high quality pump sprayer, 1/4" - 3/8" nap roller, nylon/polyester brush or a pad applicator.
- Longer dry time required in cooler temperatures and in higher humidity
- Must apply a topcoat after at least 4 hours, but before 30 days.
- Do not use soap and water to clean brushes or other applicators as they will become gummy.
- Properly dispose of all soiled rags.
- To recycle or properly dispose of product in your community, contact your household refuse collection service.
To consult with a Behr Certified Coatings Professional, call Behr Pro Hotline Toll Free number at 1-877-776-3961 (U.S.A. only).
Tools & Resources
SDSs, Tech Data & Certifications