An exterior, flexible high-build coating designed to expand & contract, bridging hairline cracks in vertical masonry surfaces. This extremely durable, mildew & dirt resistant waterproofing finish has superior elasticity & elongation properties to resist cracking. It withstands 98 mph wind-driven rain. The 100% acrylic latex formula provides a breathable film, releasing moisture that builds in walls. It is available in 90 custom tinted colors and computerized color matching.
Where to Use
Properly prepared exterior vertical surfaces such as: Stucco, Masonry, Concrete, Concrete Block or Brick as well as adjacent Wood and Metal surfaces. Not for use on horizontal surfaces subject to foot traffic.
4-6 HR Dry Time
24 HR Recoat Time
75-125 Sq. Ft.
Coverage per Gallon
Soap & Water
- Allow new stucco and masonry to cure for 30 days before painting.
- Remove all loose, peeling paint. Power wash to remove chalk. Remove dirt and grease with a concrete & masonry degreaser & cleaner product.
- Remove mildew stains with a mildew stain removing product.
- On galvanized metal, use a diluted solution of a product such as concrete & masonry cleaner & etcher to prepare the surface. Rinse thoroughly and allow a minimum of 24 hours to dry.
- Cracks and gaps wider than 1/16” (1.5 mm) should be routed open, dusted and patched with an elastomeric patching compound. Use an acrylic caulk around windows, doors and trim. Scuff sand glossy surfaces.
- Prime all uncoated, patched, chalky, wood and/or metal surfaces with a product such as BEHR PREMIUM PLUS® NO. 436 Exterior Multi-Surface Primer & Sealer.
- DO NOT THIN.
- Intermix all cans of same product to ensure color uniformity. Stir paint before and occasionally during application.
- Use product when air and surface temperature are 50-90˚F (10-32˚C). Do not use if rain or heavy dew is expected within 24 hours.
- Apply using a high quality 1 1/4” nap roller, nylon/polyester brush or airless sprayer (.025"-.029" spray tip).
- A second coat must be applied at the same spread rate as the first.
- A third coat may be required to achieve a final dry mil thickness of about 10-15 mils.
- If airless spraying, use equipment with a minimum of 2,500 PSI at the tip. Maintain a wet edge to avoid lap marks.
- Do not re-spread or re-work paint.
- Longer dry time required in cooler temperatures and higher humidity.
- After two weeks, cured paint film may be cleaned with a mild, non-abrasive liquid detergent.
- Properly dispose of all soiled rags and protect unused product from freezing.
- For disposal of empty containers and unused product contact your household refuse collection service.
To consult with a Behr Certified Coatings Professional, call Behr Pro Hotline Toll Free number at 1-877-776-3961 (U.S.A. only).