Add dazzling impact and style to your home’s exterior accents with BEHR MARQUEE Exterior Semi-Gloss Enamel paint. This radiant, durable sheen provides a perfectly polished look, vivid color to trim, windows and doors, including garage doors, as well as shutters and outdoor furniture. It’s also great for surfaces like railings and wrought iron.
Where to Use
Use on properly prepared and cleaned coated and uncoated Exterior surfaces. Protection for Wood, Vinyl, Aluminum, Fiber Cement Siding, Metals, Brick, Masonry, Stucco, Steel and Fences. Do not use on floors.
1 HR Dry Time
2 HR Recoat Time
250-400 Sq. Ft
Coverage per Gallon
Soap & Water
Preparation & Prime
- Use on properly prepared and cleaned coated and uncoated Exterior surfaces. Countersink nailheads, fill and sand smooth. Remove rust, loose or peeling paint. Repair imperfections and sand smooth.
- Wash off dirt, grease and chalk with detergent and/or powerwash. Remove mildew stains with a mildew stain removing product.
- Clean and sand new or weathered wood. Scuff sand or degloss smooth or glossy surfaces.
- Scuff sand or etch metals. Rinse and allow to dry.
- Caulk windows, doors and other openings.
- Allow new stucco, plaster and masonry to cure for 30 days before painting.
- Use BEHR MARQUEE paint as a primer for repaired or uncoated surfaces, including woods that contain tannins and heavily stained areas (two primer coats required for redwood and cedar). Lock in stains with the first primer coat; if necessary, apply a second primer coat of BEHR MARQUEE.
- For drastic color changes or when applying deep colors denoted with a dagger (†) on the color chip, apply a tinted primer coat of BEHR MARQUEE, if needed.
- Apply product on dry substrates when air and surface temperatures are between 35°-90°F (2°-32°C) and will remain between 35°-90°F (2°-32°C) for at least 4 hours after applying.
- Allow paint film to dry for at least 60 minutes prior to rain showers when temperatures are between 60°-70° F (15°-21° C) and 60-70% relative humidity. Lower temperatures, higher humidity or deep colors may increase dry time and/or rain resistance time.
- Stir paint occasionally. Intermix containers of same product to ensure color and sheen uniformity.
- On semi-smooth surfaces, use a high quality 3/8-1/2" nap roller cover, nylon/polyester brush or an airless sprayer (.015 -.021" spray tip, 60 mesh filter).
- On rough surfaces, use a high quality 3/4-1" nap roller cover.
- Do not thin if using a roller or brush; however, if using a sprayer and thinning is required, thin with water at a rate of no more than 1/2 pint per gallon.
- On heavy stains and woods that contain tannins, allow 12-16 hours of dry time between coats.
- After 4 weeks, cured paint film may be cleaned with a mild, non-abrasive liquid detergent. Dry paint film is mildew resistant.
- When applying to vinyl, color choice must be the same color or lighter than the existing color.
- Do not use on floors.
- For disposal of empty containers, unused paint and soiled rags, contact your household refuse collection service.
To consult with a Behr Certified Coatings Professional, call Behr Pro Hotline Toll Free number at 1-877-776-3961 (U.S.A. only).