A great finish begins with the right start. BEHR PREMIUM Wood Stain & Finish Stripper will give your wood surface a new lease on life by stripping away old stains & finishes. This allows your new coating to penetrate the wood and achieve long lasting durability.
Where to Use
Exterior latex, oil-based and 100% acrylic coatings on Wood Decks, Porches & Patios, Siding, Fences, Shakes and Shingles.
50-150 Sq. Ft.
Soap & Water
- Removes loose wood fibers without sanding. Not for interior use or on aluminum surfaces. May harm bare metal or painted surfaces.
- Be sure to have a source for water, hose with nozzle and stiff bristle broom or brush and a product such as BEHR PREMIUM® NO. 63 All-In-One Wood Cleaner.
- DO NOT THIN PRODUCT. Do not apply in direct sunlight or on hot surfaces. Dampen nearby foliage with water and cover with plastic drop cloths.
- Wear protective clothing, goggles, acid resistant gloves, and NIOSH approved Respirator
- Conduct a small test patch in an inconspicuous area to ensure product performance.
- Prevent all rinse solution from entering storm drains.
- Must apply between 40-90˚F (4.5-32˚C). Pour BEHR PREMIUM® NO. 64 Wood Stain & Finish Stripper directly onto surface and apply liberally using a nylon/poly brush or roller. Natural bristle brushes or lambs wool applicators are not recommended.
- Due to product thickness, DO NOT use pump, paint or other sprayers. Product will clog tip, resulting in leaking and dripping.
- Always keep surface wet by misting with water and re-apply NO. 64 if drying occurs. Finish will begin to lift from the surface. Repeat process as needed to keep the surface wet during the removal period. Most deteriorated finishes will start to lift after about 5-45 minutes. The coating should easily rinse off when ready.
- When the finish starts to lift, scrub the surface using a stiff bristle broom or brush. Rinse thoroughly with water from garden hose using nozzle at normal pressure, or use a pressure washer at a low setting (500-1200 PSI). DO NOT USE HIGH PRESSURE as this may harm the wood.
- If some of the old finish remains on the surface, repeat application procedure or spot sand as needed.
- Follow up with a product such as BEHR PREMIUM® NO. 63 All-In-One Wood Cleaner to remove stains, rejuvenate natural wood color and to neutralize the stripping action.
- Surfaces must be thoroughly dry before applying any type of new finish, except those finishes that can be applied to dampened wood. Allow the wood to dry for a minimum of 24 hours in warm, dry weather.
- Biodegradable. Properly dispose of all soiled rags. To recycle or properly dispose of paint in your community, contact your household refuse collection service. PROTECT FROM FREEZING.
To consult with a BEHR Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).