A unique home deserves a unique look, and Behr's Log Home Gloss Finish can help you get it. This durable and flexible formula moves with the natural expansion and contraction of natural wood surfaces and will also protect from the sun's harmful UV rays. It's available in both clear and cedar finishes, and is also great for fences and siding.
Where to Use
“For Wood Substrates Only” Exterior wood surfaces such as: Log and Timber Frame Homes, Siding, Fencing and Railings. Do not use on horizontal surfaces subject to foot traffic.
200-400 Sq. Ft
300-400 Sq. Ft.
Soap & Water
The following steps are recommended for best results.
- Use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM® NO. 64 Wood Stain & Finish Stripper to remove loose wood fibers, latex, oil-based and 100% acrylic coatings on new or weathered wood.
- BEHR PREMIUM® NO. 63 All-In-One Wood Cleaner MUST be used following NO. 64 to clean, brighten & neutralize wood.
- When NO. 64 is not needed, use a product such as NO. 63 to clean and brighten the wood surface and to remove light to medium stains caused by mold, mildew, algae & fungus. On new wood, use a product such as NO. 63 to remove mill glaze and open the pores of the wood.
- Rinse thoroughly and allow to dry before coating.
- Lightly sand any remaining wood fibers/fuzz.
- Must apply between 40-90˚F (4.5-32˚C). Do not use if rain is expected within 24 hours.
- The wood surface must be completely dry before application. Intermix multiple containers to ensure color uniformity. DO NOT THIN PRODUCT.
- Stir product occasionally throughout application. Test product for color on a small hidden area before proceeding.
- Use a 3/8" nap roller or nylon/polyester bristle brush. Airless sprayer with a .015 - .019" tip is recommended for experienced applicators only.
- Maintenance re-coating may be achieved by applying 2 coats at a spread rate of 200-400 sq. ft. (18-37 m2) per gallon over a clean, sound surface.
- Clean and recoat surface when finish no longer has gloss or luster or if the film is broken.
- Thoroughly seal the ends of the boards and all porous areas such as knots with several thin coats.
- Maintain a wet edge when applying. Back-brush during all application methods. Apply product end-to-end or to board lengths to prevent lap marks.
- Over application of finish will lead to surface failure including peeling and cracking. Avoid applying finish too heavily. Avoid applying product in direct sunlight or on to hot surfaces.
- Dries to touch in 8-12 hours. Recoat after 24 hours. Cool temperatures and/or high humidity will require additional drying time.
- For disposal of empty containers and unused product, contact your household refuse collection service.
To consult with a BEHR Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).