Create a rustic look for your patio furniture, fences and siding with BEHR's Oil-Latex Redwood Stain No. 9. This general purpose solid color stain protects wood from water and UV rays with a penetrating oil-latex formula, and is also great for exterior trim and wood planters.
Where to Use
Exterior new or properly prepared wood surfaces such as: Fences, Siding, Planters and Wood Patio Furniture. Not intended for horizontal surfaces subject to foot traffic.
200-400 Sq. Ft
1 HR Dry Time
4 HR Recoat Time
Soap & Water
The following steps and products are recommended for best results.
- Use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM® NO. 64 Wood Stain & Finish Stripper to remove loose wood fibers, latex, oil-based and 100% acrylic coatings on new or weathered wood.
- BEHR PREMIUM® NO. 63 All-In-One Wood Cleaner MUST be used following NO. 64 to clean, brighten & neutralize wood.
- When NO. 64 is not needed, use a product such as NO. 63 to clean and brighten the wood surface and to remove light to medium exterior stains caused by mold, mildew, algae & fungus. Rinse thoroughly and allow to dry before coating.
- On new wood, use a product such as NO. 63 to remove mill glaze and open the pores of the wood. Lightly sand any remaining wood fibers/fuzz.
- Must apply between 40-90˚F (4.5-32˚C). Do not use if rain is expected within 24 hours.
- Intermix multiple containers to ensure color uniformity. DO NOT THIN PRODUCT.
- Stir product occasionally throughout application. Avoid applying stain in direct sunlight or to hot surfaces.
- Apply with a natural bristle brush or pad applicator. On rough surfaces apply with a 3/4" long nap roller or high quality airless sprayer using a .015 - .019" tip.
- Follow spraying immediately with back-brushing or back-rolling for a uniform appearance.
- Two coats may be applied, however a more solid color appearance will result.
- Over application of stain will lead to surface failure including peeling and cracking.
- Avoid applying stain too heavily.
- For disposal of empty containers and unused product, contact your household refuse collection service.
To consult with a BEHR Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).