Ideal for basement and retaining walls. Read More
BEHR® DryPlus™ No. 875 is an advanced Interior/Exterior masonry waterproofer designed for porous concrete surfaces.
Ideal for basement and retaining walls.
Click Here to see available colors.
Where to Use
Walls subject to hydrostatic pressure. Ideal for above or below grade Basement Walls, Retaining Walls, Garage Walls, Masonry Walls, Cinder Blocks, Stucco, Brick, Foundations and Landscape Walls. Apply to dry or slightly damp surfaces. Not for use on floors or walls with active water leaks.
2 Coats Required
for Optimal Durability
Spread Rate (sq ft):
1 HR Dry to Touch
4 HR Recoat
Soap & Water
Proper surface preparation is required
- New or Unpainted Surfaces: New concrete must cure for a minimum of 30 days. Test for loose, flaking concrete by pressing a piece of masking or cellophane tape at various places, then pull it off with an abrupt action. If the tape does not pull the concrete from the surface, it can be painted. If the existing concrete is removed, the loose concrete should be removed down to a sound substrate.
- For below grade application: All holes or cracks must be properly patched with a fast setting hydraulic cement.
- For above grade application: Remove mildew stains with a mildew stain removing product. All surfaces must be clean and free of dirt, dust, efflorescence and oil. Follow all label instructions.
- Previously Painted Surfaces: BEHR DryPlus No. 875 provides best results when applied to bare or untreated surfaces. PREVIOUSLY PAINTED SURFACES IN GOOD, REPAINTABLE CONDITION MAY BE PAINTED WITH BEHR PREMIUM NO. 875, HOWEVER, BEHR WILL NOT GUARANTEE THE RESULTS. Test for loose, flaking paint by pressing a piece of masking or cellophane tape at various places, then pull it off with an abrupt action. If the tape does not pull the paint from the surface, it can be painted. If the existing paint is removed, the loose paint should be removed down to a sound substrate by wire brushing or sanding. For Interior or Exterior application; remove deteriorated coating prior to application. Follow all preparation instructions under “New or Unpainted Surfaces” above.
- Stir well before use.
- Do not thin product.
- Use with adequate ventilation.
- Use product when air and surface temperature are 50-90˚F (10-32˚C). Apply to dry or slightly damp masonry walls. Wipe off any visible moisture with a dry cloth before painting.
- Apply using a high quality 1/2"-3/4" nap roller, 4" nylon/polyester brush or an airless sprayer capable of delivering 0.5 GPM or greater using a .023"-.025" spray tip.
- Two coats minimum are required: First Coat: Using a brush or roller, work the waterproofer onto the surface until any all pores or voids are covered. Second Coat: Using a brush or roller, cover the entire surface. Properly fill any voids left after the first coat. Additional spot application may be needed depending on the porosity of the surface.
- Important: If leaking is still present after two coats, it indicates that voids or pinholes are still open. Re-apply product to these areas. DO NOT thin product or apply at a greater spread rate.
- Low temperatures or high humidity conditions will affect drying time.
- Full cure should be reached in 7-14 days.
- Properly dispose of all soiled rags.
- Protect unused product from freezing.
- For disposal of empty containers and unused product contact your household refuse collection service.
To consult with a BEHR Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).