For advanced performance and stain-blocking on all of your home's ceilings, choose BEHR PREMIUM PLUS ULTRA® Stain-Blocking Ceiling Paint. Its flat sheen hides minor surface imperfections, and can be tinted to light colors.
Where to Use
Properly prepared coated and uncoated Interior Ceilings.
30 Min Dry Time
1 HR Recoat Time
250-400 Sq. Ft
Coverage per Gallon
Soap & Water
Preparation & Prime
- Remove loose paint, wash off any dirt and grease with detergent, remove mildew stains with a mildew stain removing product.
- Scuff sand glossy surfaces.
- Countersink nailheads, repair imperfections and sand smooth.
- Remove all dust with a damp cloth, allow to dry.
- Allow new stucco, plaster and masonry to cure for 30 days before priming.
- Make sure that there are no active water problems and that any previous water damage is fully dry.
- Use BEHR PREMIUM PLUS ULTRA® STAIN-BLOCKING CEILING PAINT as a primer for repaired or uncoated surfaces.
- Lock in stains with BEHR PREMIUM PLUS ULTRA STAIN-BLOCKING CEILING PAINT as a spot primer. For heavy stains, test for stain bleedthrough by applying BEHR PREMIUM PLUS ULTRA STAIN-BLOCKING CEILING PAINT as a topcoat to a small section. If the stain bleeds through the topcoat, spot prime another coat to the stained area and test again before topcoating the entire ceiling. If bleeding continues, a longer dry time is needed before topcoating. Additional coats may be needed to achieve hide.
- For drastic color changes, apply a primer coat of BEHR PREMIUM PLUS ULTRA STAIN-BLOCKING CEILING PAINT if needed.
- Use product when the surface and air temperatures are between 50-90°F (10-32°C).
- Stir paint occasionally. Intermix containers of same product to ensure color and sheen uniformity.
- Use a high quality 3/8-1/2” nap roller cover, nylon/polyester brush or an airless sprayer (.015-.019” spray tip, 60 mesh filter).
- Popcorn style acoustic ceilings; use acoustic ceiling roller cover (1/2-3/4” nap) or airless sprayer (.015-.019” spray tip, 60 mesh filter).
- Coverage is 250-400 sq. ft. (23-37 m2) per gallon depending on the surface texture, porosity and application method.
- Do not thin if using a roller or brush; however, if using a sprayer and thinning is required, thin with water at a rate of no more than 1/2 pint per gallon.
- Multiple coats may be required to complete hide.
- Dries to touch in 30 minutes at 77°F (25°C) and 50% humidity, re-coat in 1 hour.
- Longer dry time required in cooler temperatures and in higher humidity.
Clean Up & Storage
- Use soap and water.
- Properly dispose of all soiled rags and protect unused product from freezing.
- For disposal of empty containers and unused product, contact your local household refuse collection service.
To consult with a BEHR Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).