BEHR® Chalk Decorative Paint is an easy way to create a unique and trendy look for your next paint project. This simple two-step paint and wax process allows your personal style and vision to come to life, whether you’re looking for an aged antique look or prefer more of a vintage modern flair. Behr’s wide variety of paint colors, paired with light sanding or highlighting and BEHR Decorative Waxes, make every application completely tailored to achieve the one-of-a-kind look you desire. BEHR® Chalk Decorative Paint can be applied over most existing surfaces with very little surface preparation and delivers a smooth matte finish. Perfect for refreshing old and new wooden furniture, cast stone, concrete, and even metal surfaces to create one-of-a-kind accent pieces.
Click Here to see available colors and project inspiration.
Where to Use
Ideal for old and new wooden furniture, cast stone, concrete, or even metal surfaces.
1 HR Dry Time
2 HR Recoat Time
Up to 150 Sq. Ft.
Soap & Water
- Remove loose paint, wash off dirt and grease with detergent, rinse and allow to dry.
- For better adhesion, scuff sand glossy surfaces.
- Remove all dust with a damp cloth, allow to dry.
- For application on wood that contains tannins such as redwood and cedar, use a coat of water-based primer such as BEHR PREMIUM PLUS® All-In-One Primer & Sealer No. 75.
- Prime all uncoated metal, cast stone & concrete surfaces before painting.
- For best results, apply when air temperatures are between 50-90°F.
- Stir Paint Occasionally.
- Use a quality Nylon/Polyester brush or high-density foam roller or synthetic roller for application on large flat surfaces.
- If thinning is required, thin with water at a rate of no more than 2 oz. per quart.
- Cooler temperatures or higher humidity may prolong drying time.
- For disposal of empty containers, unused paint and soiled rags, contact your household refuse collection service.
To consult with a BEHR Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).