To create a classic European look on your home's interior walls, choose BEHR PREMIUM PLUS WITH STYLE Venetian Plaster. This water-based formula adds depth and dimension to walls with a textured, marble-like appearance that enhances your color palette's dark and light tones.
Where to Use
Previously painted or primed Interior surfaces. Ideal for areas such as: Living Rooms, Dining Rooms, Bedrooms, Offices, Hallways and Ceilings.
(The following steps are recommended for best results.)
- Remove loose paint, wash off any dirt and grease with detergent, remove mildew stains with a mildew stain removing product. Rinse and allow to dry. Scuff sand glossy surfaces.
- Countersink nailheads, repair imperfections and sand smooth. Remove all dust with a damp cloth and allow to dry. Allow new stucco, plaster and masonry to cure 30 days before priming. Use BEHR PREMIUM PLUS All-In-One Primer & Sealer No. 75.
- Use product on smooth surfaces when the surface and air temperatures are between 50-90°F (10-32°C). DO NOT THIN. Typical coverage is 150 sq. ft. (14 m2 ) per gallon with 2 coat application.
- FIRST COAT: Apply product using a straight edged flexible steel trowel or wall scraper. Hold trowel at a 15°-30° angle, spreading a thin layer of the product across the surface. Complete coverage is not necessary. Allow to dry approximately 4 hours.
- SECOND COAT: Hold trowel at a 60°-90° angle to the surface, spreading a thin layer of the product, filling in the empty areas. After the second coat has dried at least 24 hours, a polished effect can be created by sanding the surface with 400 or 600 grit sandpaper, removing the plaster dust and then rubbing the surface with the flat side of the steel trowel. In high moisture or high traffic areas, apply BEHR VENETIAN PLASTER TOPCOAT NO. 775 over the VENETIAN PLASTER. Polishing/burnishing step must be completed prior to application of topcoat. Topcoat dries to a satin sheen.
- Allow fi rst coat to dry 4 hours. If burnishing, allow second coat to dry at least 24 hours and burnish within 7 days of application. Longer dry time required in cooler temperatures and in higher humidity.
- Wash tools with soap and water. Properly dispose of all soiled rags and protect unused product from freezing. For disposal of unused paint products, please contact your household refuse collection service.
To consult with a BEHR Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).