To create a wide array of stunning effects on your home's interior walls, choose BEHR PREMIUM PLUS WITH STYLE Faux Glaze. This water-based formula creates a translucent finish, and can be blended with BEHR PREMIUM PLUS ULTRA® or BEHR PREMIUM PLUS® Interior paints to create custom looks like fabric, patch weaving and smooth leather.
Where to Use
Properly painted Interior surfaces. Ideal for Family Rooms, Living Rooms, Dining Rooms, Bedrooms, Kids’ Rooms, Hallways, Kitchens, Bathrooms, Doors, Trim and Ceilings.
- Remove loose paint, wash off any dirt and grease with detergent and remove mildew stains with a mildew stain removing product. Rinse and allow to dry. Scuff sand glossy surfaces.
- Countersink nailheads, repair imperfections and sand smooth. Remove all dust with a damp cloth and allow to dry. Allow new stucco, plaster and masonry to cure 30 days before priming. Use BEHR PREMIUM PLUS® All-In-One Primer & Sealer No. 75. Apply Interior Eggshell, Satin or Semi-Gloss sheen for the base color according to label instructions.
Mixing the Glaze Color
- In a plastic container, blend 1 part paint (1 quart) to 4 parts glaze (1 gallon) for each selected glaze color. Stir glaze mixture until thoroughly blended and occasionally during application.
- Refer to the Interior How-To section on www.behr.com for additional instructions and tips on application.
- Using the appropriate tool and technique, apply the glaze color over the dried base color. Work in 3' x 3’ (90 x 90 cm) areas or smaller depending on the technique.
- Blend from section to section in a random pattern and maintain a wet edge to ensure smooth transitions.
- Typical coverage is 400 sq. ft (37 m2) per gallon.
- Coverage may vary depending upon the surface and the desired effect.
- For maximum protection over the finish, after the glaze color has dried a minimum of 48 hours, apply a coat of clear water-based polyurethane.
- Dries to touch in 1 hour at 75°F (24°C) and 50% humidity.
- Allow 4 hours to dry between coats. Longer dry time required in cooler temperatures and in higher humidity.
- After 30 days, the surface is fully cured and may be cleaned with a mild, non-abrasive liquid detergent.
- Wash tools with soap and water.
- Wipe excess product from lip of container prior to sealing to keep glaze from gluing lid closed.
- Dried spills must be cleaned with lacquer thinner or paint remover.
- Properly dispose of all soiled rags and protect unused product from freezing.
- For disposal of unused paint products, please contact your household refuse collection service.
To consult with a BEHR Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).
- How to Create a Smooth Leather Finish
- How to Create a Stippling Finish
- How to Create a Color & Wash Finish
- How to Create a Diagonal Line Finish
- How to Create a Patch Weaving Finish
- How to Create a Soft Suede Finish
- How to Create a Straight Line Finish
- How to Create a Wavy Line Finish
- How to Create a Color Blending Finish
- How to Create a Fabric Finish
- How to Create a Speckled Finish