For excellent performance under flat and eggshell paints, choose BEHR PREMIUM PLUS Drywall Primer & Sealer. This 100% acrylic formula is more versatile than PVA primers, making it ideal for wood, woodboard, drywall and other porous surfaces in all your home's low-moisture rooms. It also seals untreated wood, and it's tintable to allow for dramatic color change.
Where to Use
Over properly prepared uncoated and previously painted Interior surfaces in low-moisture areas. Ideal for Drywall, Plasterboard, Wallboard and Wood. Not recommended under SATIN, SEMI-GLOSS and HI-GLOSS paint.
30 Min Dries to Touch
1 HR Ready to Topcoat
250-400 Sq. Ft
Coverage per Gallon
Soap & Water
- All surfaces should be properly prepared and cleaned.
- Remove loose paint, wash off dirt and grease with detergent, rinse and allow to dry.
- Remove mildew stains with a mildew stain removing product.
- Scuff sand glossy surfaces and repair imperfections.
- Remove all dust with a damp cloth, allow to dry.
- Apply when air and surface temperatures are between 50-90°F (10-32°C).
- Use a high quality 3/8-1/2" nap roller cover, nylon/polyester brush or an airless sprayer (.015-.019" spray tip, 60 mesh filter).
- Stir primer occasionally. Do not thin if using a roller or brush; however, if using a sprayer and thinning is required, thin with water at a rate of no more than 1/2 pint per gallon. Bright or deep colors require a tinted primer.
- Have this product tinted close to topcoat color with no more than 2 ounces of colorant per gallon.
- For disposal of empty containers, unused paint and soiled rags, contact your household refuse collection service.
To consult with a BEHR Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).