For a paint specifically designed to take on a variety of ceiling surfaces, choose BEHR PREMIUM PLUS Interior Ceiling Paint. This flat, non-reflective sheen is spatter-resistant, and will maintain the original acoustical properties of your ceiling.
Where to Use
Primed or painted Interior Ceilings.
1 HR Dry Time
2 HR Recoat Time
250-400 Sq. Ft.
Soap & Water
- Remove loose paint, wash off any dirt and grease with detergent, remove mildew stains with a mildew stain removing product.
- Scuff sand glossy surfaces.
- Countersink nailheads, repair imperfections and sand smooth.
- Remove all dust with a damp cloth, allow to dry.
- Allow new stucco, plaster and masonry to cure for 30 days before priming.
- Use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM PLUS® All-In-One Primer & Sealer No.75.
- On new drywall in low-moisture rooms, use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM PLUS® Drywall Primer & Sealer No. 73.
- Use product when the surface and air temperatures are between 50 - 90°F (10-32ºC).
- Stir paint occasionally. Intermix containers of the same product to ensure color and sheen uniformity.
- Use a high quality 3/8-1/2" nap roller cover, nylon/polyester brush or an airless sprayer (.015”-.019” spray tip, 60 mesh filter).
- Coverage is 250 to 400 sq. ft. (23-37 m²) per gallon depending on the surface texture, porosity and application method.
- Do not thin if using a roller or brush; however, if using a sprayer and thinning is required, thin with water at a rate of no more than 1/2 pint per gallon.
- Certain colors may require more than one coat for complete hide.
- Popcorn style acoustic ceilings, use acoustic ceiling roller cover or airless sprayer (.015-.017 spray tip).
- Dries to touch in one hour at 77°F (25ºC) and 50% humidity, recoat in 2 hours. Longer dry time required in cooler temperatures and in higher humidity.
- After two weeks, cured paint film may be cleaned with a mild, non-abrasive liquid detergent.
- Dry paint film is mildew resistant
Clean Up & Storage
- Use soap and water.
- Properly dispose of all soiled rags and protect unused product from freezing.
- For disposal of unused paint products, please contact your household refuse collection service.
To consult with a BEHR Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).