When you need a paint that's tough, versatile and easy to use, try BEHR Alkyd Satin Enamel. It combines the performance and durability of an oil-based paint with ease and convenience of a water-based paint, and it's ideal for a variety of surfaces, including plaster, wallpaper, aluminum and wrought iron.
Where to Use
Properly prepared Interior/Exterior metal & wood surfaces. Ideal for Doors, Trim, Molding, Cabinetry, Plaster, Masonry, Cinder Block, Well-bonded Wallpaper, Brick, Stucco, Aluminum and Wrought Iron. Do not use on horizontal surfaces subject to foot traffic.
2 Coats Recommended
for Optimal Durability
2-4 HR Dry Time
4-8 HR Recoat Time
350-550 Sq. Ft.
Coverage per Gallon
Soap & Water
Proper surface preparation is required
- Allow new stucco, plaster and masonry to cure for 30 days.
- For interior and exterior surfaces, remove dirt, oil and grease stains with a product such as BEHR PREMIUM® NO. 990 Concrete & Masonry Degreaser & Cleaner.
- Remove mildew stains with a mildew stain removing product.
- Remove all loose and peeling paint; scuff sand glossy surfaces; caulk; repair imperfections and sand smooth.
- For exterior surfaces, power wash to remove chalk.
- Etch galvanized metal with a product such as BEHR PREMIUM NO. 991 Concrete & Masonry Cleaner & Etcher. Follow all label instructions.
- Interior: On interior surfaces with heavy stains, galvanized metal or wrought iron, use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM PLUS® NO. 75 All-In-One Primer & Sealer.
- Exterior: On exterior surfaces with heavy stains, wood or metal, use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM PLUS NO. 436 Multi-Surface Primer & Sealer. Follow all label instructions.
- DO NOT THIN.
- Stir before and during application. When working with more than one can of the same product, intermix to ensure color uniformity.
- Use adequate ventilation during application and drying process.
- Certain colors may require 2 or more coats to achieve complete hide and coverage.
- Use product when air and surface temperature are 50-90˚F (10-32˚C).
- Apply a thin coat using a high quality synthetic brush, 1/4"-3/8" nap roller or an airless sprayer (.013"-.017" spray tip).
- NOTE: If touch-up is necessary, same application method is recommended.
- Longer dry time required in cooler temperatures and higher humidity.
- Wait at least 7 days before rinsing or cleaning the surface with a mild, non-abrasive detergent.
- Properly dispose of all soiled rags and protect unused product from freezing.
- For disposal of empty containers and unused product contact your household refuse collection service.
To consult with a BEHR Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).