Add a touch of class and character to your home's exterior accents with BEHR PREMIUM PLUS® Exterior Semi-Gloss Enamel paint. This radiant sheen creates a sleek appearance, with a durable finish that's formulated to withstand wear. It's ideal for trim, doors and windows, but it's also great for shutters and outdoor furniture.
Where to Use
Ideal for Wood, Vinyl and Fiber Cement Sidings; Stucco, Brick, Masonry and Fences.
1 HR Dry Time
2 HR Recoat Time
250-400 Sq. Ft
Coverage per Gallon
Soap & Water
- Use on properly prepared and cleaned coated and uncoated Exterior surfaces.
- Countersink nailheads, fill and sand smooth.
- Remove rust, loose or peeling paint. Repair imperfections and sand smooth.
- Wash off dirt, grease and chalk with detergent and/or powerwash.
- Remove mildew stains with a mildew stain removing product.
- Clean and sand new or weathered wood.
- Scuff sand or degloss smooth or glossy surfaces.
- Scuff sand or etch metals.
- Rinse and allow to dry.
- Caulk windows, doors and other openings.
- Allow new stucco, plaster and masonry to cure for 30 days before painting.
- Use BEHR PREMIUM PLUS® Paint as a primer over properly prepared coated or uncoated surfaces
- For stain-blocking, painting over woods with tannins, or over oil-based or glossy surfaces, prime with a product such as BEHR PREMIUM PLUS Interior/Exterior Multi-Surface Primer & Sealer No. 436.
- For drastic color changes or when applying deep colors denoted with a dagger (†) on the color chip, apply a custom tinted primer if needed.
- Prime all metal surfaces before painting.
- Apply product on dry substrates when air and surface temperatures are between 35°-90°F (2°-32°C) and will remain between 35°-90°F (2°-32°C) for at least 4 hours after applying.
- Do not paint when rain or heavy condensation is expected.
- Stir paint occasionally. Intermix containers of same product to ensure color and sheen uniformity.
- On semi-smooth surfaces, use a high quality 3/8-1/2" nap roller cover, nylon/polyester brush or an airless sprayer (.015-.021" spray tip, 60 mesh filter).
- On rough surfaces, use a high quality 3/4-1" nap roller cover.
- Do not thin if using a roller or brush; however, if using a sprayer and thinning is required, thin with water at a rate of no more than 1/2 pint per gallon.
- Certain colors may require additional coats for complete hide. On heavy stains and woods that contain tannins, allow 12-16 hours of dry time between coats.
- Cooler temperatures or higher humidity may prolong drying time. After 4 weeks, cured paint film may be cleaned with a mild, non-abrasive liquid detergent.
- Dry paint film is mildew resistant.
- When applying to vinyl, color choice must be the same color or lighter than the existing color.
- Do not use on floors.
- For disposal of empty containers, unused paint and soiled rags, contact your household refuse collection service.
To consult with a BEHR Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).