A premium quality, durable, 100% acrylic latex flat finish. This coating is mildew and algae resistant and will not discolor or yellow when exposed to typical high roof temperatures. It has excellent adhesion to various types of roofing materials and is tintable to match a variety of custom colors.
Where to Use
New or old Unglazed Tile, Masonry Shingle, Anchored Gravel, Aluminum/Metal Materials, Composite Sheet, Asphalt Shingles, Concrete or Cement Block, Urethane Foam, Slate or Wood Shake Roofs.
This product is intended to brighten roofs and reflect heat (Reflective White only). Not intended to waterproof or repair roof leaks.
2 HR Dry Time
4 HR Recoat Time
250-450 Sq. Ft
Coverage per Gallon
Soap & Water
Proper surface preparation is required
- Replace brittle or cracked shingles. Clean all roof surfaces.
- Previously coated surfaces should be wire brushed or scraped to remove all loose coating.
- Remove mildew with a mildew stain removing product.
- Prepare the surface using a concrete & masonry cleaner & etcher.
- If applying on wood shakes, clean with a product such as BEHR PREMIUM NO. 63 All-In-One Wood Cleaner. Follow directions on product labels.
- Rinse thoroughly and allow a minimum of 24 hours to dry.
- Prime all metal, asphalt and wood surfaces with a product such as BEHR PREMIUM PLUS® NO. 436 Exterior Multi-Surface Primer & Sealer. Follow directions on product label.
- DO NOT THIN.
- When working with more than one can of the same product, inter-mix to ensure color uniformity. Stir paint before and occasionally during application.
- Use product when air and surface temperature are 50-90˚F (10-32˚C). Do not use if rain or heavy dew is expected within 24 hours.
- Do not apply in direct sunlight.
- All roof surfaces must be dry.
- Apply starting at the top of the roof and working down, using a high quality 1" nap roller, nylon/polyester brush or high quality airless sprayer (.015"-.017" sprayer tip). Always maintain a wet edge to avoid lap marks.
- A second coat is optional for improved hide and durability.
- Longer dry time required in cooler temperatures and higher humidity.
- Properly dispose of all soiled rags.
- For disposal of empty containers and unused product contact your household refuse collection service.
To consult with a BEHR Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).