Paint the base color and allow it to dry completely before glazing.
To prepare your topcoat glaze color, pour 1 part PREMIUM PLUS ULTRA® or PREMIUM PLUS® paint and 4 parts FAUX GLAZE into a bucket and mix the contents thoroughly. For a more see-through or transparent look, add extra faux glaze to the mixture. For a denser or more opaque glaze color, add more paint to the mixture. The mixture will generally cover approximately 400 sq. ft.
Pour your color glaze mixture into a paint tray and work a 6" mini roller into the glaze until it is fully loaded. To remove excess glaze, roll the tool on the ribbed area of the paint tray.
Starting at a top corner of your project, roll the colored glaze onto a 3' x 3' section. Allow the glaze to set for 1 to 2 minutes.
Cut plastic sheeting into squares that are slightly smaller than 3' x 3'. Scrunch up the plastic in your hands. Then, stretch it out and lay it gently over the wet colored glaze. Leave a wet edge.
Using a brush, very softly brush over the plastic. Leave some wrinkles and overlapping. Avoid pressing with your fingers as this leaves finger marks.
Leaving the plastic sheet in place, roll the colored glaze onto another section. Overlap it with the wet edge of the previous section. Apply a scrunched and stretched sheet of plastic onto this new wet area and repeat the process.
Once the entire surface is covered, carefully peel away each of the plastic sheets to reveal the design.
Repeat the process until the project is complete.
Paint Tray Liner
Roller Cover and Frame
Thin Plastic Sheeting
Other Things To Know
More Interior How-tos
- How to Create a Faux Glaze Finish
- How to Create a Patch Weaving Finish
- How to Create a Fabric Finish
- How to Create a Diagonal Line Finish
- How to Create a Straight Line Finish
- How to Create a Wavy Line Finish
- How to Create a Color Blending Finish
- How to Create a Color & Wash Finish
- How to Create a Speckled Finish
- How to Create a Stippling Finish
- How to Create a Sponge On Finish
- How to Create a Soft Suede Finish
- How to Create a Sponge Off Finish