Using 100-grit sandpaper, lightly sand any raised or rough areas.
Using a caulking gun, apply a thin layer of painter's grade caulking to the gap or seam.
Immediately following the repair, wipe off any excess caulking with a damp rag or putty knife.
Allow the area to dry.
Caulking (Painter's Grade)
Sandpaper (100 Grit)
Other Things To Know
More Exterior How-tos
- How to Clean Up After Painting
- How to Repair a Crack on a Wood Surface
- How to Remove Efflorescence
- How to Repair a Hole on a Wood Surface
- How to Repair a Crack on a Stucco Surface
- How to Repair a Hole on a Stucco Surface
- How to Repair Flaking Paint
- How to Remove Exterior Mildew Stains
- How to Repair a Hole on a Concrete Surface